Wednesday 31 March 2010

Weddings

I hope that you'll please forgive me if I ever repeat myself, it's something I seem to do rather a lot of, getting forgetful in my old age.

Tonight I have the urge to discuss weddings and marriage, which I feel has been brought on by the upcoming nuptials of my fantastic friends Suzie Womble and her Lovely Welsh Ram. I hope that they won't mind me mentioning them and the fact that this is not the first time round for either of them, but I can confidently say they'll back me 100% when I say they are made for each other. Plus I'm not sure I agree with the whole til death us do part bit anyway, I think that was written when the average life expectancy was about 30, watch out Mr Grumpy!

As you know, Ms Womble is truly bonkers but truly lovely, she'd do anything for her friends, shout at your kids for you, close your curtains when you're on holiday, she'll even bring you wine when you most need it, but most of all she has got the most amazing ear and friendly shoulder and I can honestly say I trust her with my life. Oh enough sop, you get the idea.

So as Suzie and the Ram look set to spend the rest of their lives together I have had lots of thoughts racing through my head. The most disturbing of which must have been the dream I had last night. As we grow ever nearer to the big day I am having to think seriously about what I'm going to wear and if the very posh wedding invitations are anything to go by it's not a jeggings and boob tube type affair. However, in my dream last night I had found what I thought to be the perfect outfit and I had one of those situations where everyone was telling me how lovely I looked. I, however, was not quite so convinced , picture if you can or dare a cross between Lady ga ga and flashdance, not a pretty sight and as I mentioned before I couldn't ask anyone if I looked fat! So I think that over the next few weeks I shall be visiting various different retail emporiums, not Top Shop, I'm thinking more designer, more class, more style, more money. Maybe I could post a few of my findings on here for your opinions, honest feedback only please.

But just in case, I have checked with the Lovely Welsh Ram if ga ga is a go go and he said that he's all for it.... mmm, not convinced his family will feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment