Thursday 18 March 2010

Cynicism

I was beginning to get a little worried that maybe I'm turning in to an old cynic, I guess that implies I was once a young cynic, mmm, maybe I was. However, after yet another non surprise when it comes to businesses I've been dealing with, I felt it only right to share my little story with you.

For those of you that have read my earlier blogs, pre-hibernation, you may recall a company I was having some problems with that kept paying money in to my bank account that was not rightfully mine. Of course, as I am a fine, honest, member of the public and married to Mr Grumpy, I notified them of this error, not once, nor twice but three times. Of course they promised that the issue had been rectified and would not happen again, they even put it in writing, telling me so.... liars. So I decided to ring their so called customer services and demanded that they called me back, I was fed up of being put on hold when it wasn't a local call charge, to which the very unhelpful person on the other end told me, "sorry, we're a call centre for people to call in to, we can't call you back" I explained that if they wanted their money they'd better call back, they did.

After more empty promises a lovely young lady called Laura said she's post me a pre-paid envelope so that I could post the money back to them and upon receipt my details would be removed from their system. I did as requested and when Mr Grumpy asked if I'd like the letter from Laura shredding, Little Miss Cynic here thought that maybe we should hang on to it, just in case.

Guess what? Yesterday an unexpected amount of money turned up in my account, quelle surprise! (That's French, knew that O level would come in handy one day) Again I called Laura, she was shocked, surprised and struggled to explain it, really Laura? Let me help, you're a bunch of imbeciles. Of course I remained calm and polite but left her in no doubt as to the fact that if they pay any more money into my bank, I won't bother calling them and I shall spend the bloody lot, then it'll be them ringing me and I just might keep them on hold for half an hour, hell, I might even insist that they can only have the cash back if they collect it in person or if I can pay it back a penny at a time. Think that might get their attention? let's just wait til next month and see.

I'll save the garage story, I'm not sure you can handle more cynicism today!

No comments:

Post a Comment