Friday 30 October 2009

Will Power

On my travels recently, I have been looking for the finishing touches for my recently decorated lounge and dining room. Now, I’m not really an overly fussy or house proud person, I leave that to Mr Grumpy, but equally I don’t want to live in a pig sty either. So off we went today in search of those little things that make the room look finished. I have one word, Dunelm. It’s the first time I’ve been in to the reasonably new store here in Peterborough, well, the first time with cash in my purse! Oh what joy, good job I have will power...

Our first mission was cushions, easy you’d think, and in fact it was, we straight away saw 2 cushions that were perfect, colour, size and even price. I clung on to them for dear life as they were the last 2 on display, it was quite difficult as I was also trying to juggle a new dog bed for my step-dog Harvey. We wandered deeper in to the shop in search of possibly some plain cushions to co-ordinate with our newly found bargains. Alas, none that would match but then something caught Mr G’s eye, I told him to stop eyeing up the young lady and stick with the task in hand. There they were, some bigger and even better cushions, I quickly thrust the original pair back in to his hands and sent him to replace them on the display, while I grabbed 3 of these huge, new beauties. No mean feat, considering the bundle of towels under my other arm. 

Deeper in to this Aladdin’s cave we ventured, just in case there might be something else to take our fancy, and yes, there it was, the most attractive and perfect picture for the dining room wall. We closely checked it over to ensure it was perfect and after picking everything else back up, including the new draught excluder, made our way back to the front of the shop.

We safely deposited everything with a very nice but cigarette smelly man whilst we made the trek up the stairs, yes, it has 2 floors! It was like climbing the stairway of heaven.

I think we may have looked a little like children at Christmas, where should we start first? Well, me being a seasoned shopper told Mr Grumpy that logic is to start at one end and go up and down every aisle on one side then repeat and move back along the other side. Ah, rugs. I was glad we’d left all the other bits downstairs at this point as the new crockery, vacuum flask and sewing machine were a little awkward to carry. We studied the rugs in great depth and although we found one we liked, we decided we shouldn’t purchase anything on impulse so would go away and think about it and maybe return next week.  

I love my fully accessorised lounge and dining room, now, just need to find a space for all these other bits...

No comments:

Post a Comment