Thursday 1 October 2009

Dreams

A little change to the norm today and I'm blogging early, well, I didn't last night due to a long phone conversation and a bottle of red wine.

This morning I was woken at silly o clock by Mr Grumpy's snoring, as you can imagine, I wasn't best pleased but at least it gave me a valid reason to kick him. Plus, I was right at a very interesting bit in my dream. Do you dream? I mean really dream, not this rubbish, "oh look I'm flying" or "help, the bad man's after me and my legs won't run" I have really bizarre dreams, I'm sure they can't mean anything and that any dream analyst trying to decode them would lose their mind! I seem to have one recurring theme in my dreams and it's that I need to go for a wee. Of course, I'm never at home in the comfort of my own bathroom, it's always when I'm out and about and so it involves public toilets. That in itself wouldn't be a problem, but when I enter said loos, they never have a handle, or a lock on the door, or worse still, no door. In fact in one dream there was a door but it was only about one foot high. So this of course means that everyone is watching me, I'm sitting, on the loo, undies down, trying to pee, with the world and his wife watching. Worried yet?

Last night's dream that I was rudely awakened from involved a wedding and hen party. I'm not sure who was getting married but I remember queueing up in pairs to leave a pub to get into a waiting limo. Only, by the time my pair and the one in front made it outside, the car had left without us, great. The next thing, we were on push bikes on our way to another pub, see a theme? called The Nurse's Table, total figment of my imagination. I remember turning to one of my friends and asking where Lola was, only to be told that as she's Jewish, when she wants to ride a bike it involves a lengthy and expensive operation. Now even I'm a little worried! So we find some seats, only to be joined by some very handsome young men, again, nobody I know in real life, and as one of these men asks if he can buy me a drink, he drops a condom in to my lap, I think we all know what was on his mind!

I decide to go and look for my other friends around the corner and who should be there keeping an eye on things? My very sensible middle brother, dammit, now I'll never get to use that condom. Instead, we decide we'll skip the booze and have a cup of tea, someone passes us a cup the size of a bucket, we fill it with butter and then pour on boiling water, for some reason it didn't taste too good. At this point the handsome young man reappeared with a lovely big glass of wine for me, as I went to thank him with a kiss, he made the most awful noise, and there I was, in bed with a snoring Mr Grumpy.

Thanks for letting me share that with you, if you happen to know what any of it means, please keep it to yourself, ignorance is bliss and I'm happy with my weirdness! Have a good day!

 

1 comment: