Saturday 3 October 2009

Weathered Wanderings

Well you probably haven't noticed and quite possibly don't care, but my walks have waned of late. I'm not sure why, maybe the weather, maybe because I missed a few and found it hard to get back in to or maybe just that I'm feeling lazy.

I think the weather plays a big part in it, even though we've actually been having lovely sunshine lately, but Autumn has definitely arrived. I noticed on Wednesday as I returned with Master Grumpy from football training how beautiful the trees on the edge of our estate looked. A mass of red, gold and green, karma karma karma chameleon... oops, sorry... but they truly look amazing. And so my thoughts turn to those that think they have it all but realistically are maybe less fortunate. How many times on these programmes where people move abroad to enjoy the sun, do you hear them saying, "we miss the changing of the seasons" Although we were told earlier this week that Autumn has officially arrived, it is today that I believe them. We've had sunshine, we've had some rain, but most spectacularly, leaves blowing in the wind.

Now I don't want to confuse you with my gushings, I love the sun and slightly cooler temperature, but I'm dreading the Winter, I think I may even suffer with SAD, yeah yeah, I know I'm sad but I mean seasonal adjustment disorder. I hate the nights drawing in earlier, I hate getting up in the dark and I really don't enjoy jumpers. 

More annoying are socks, my poor toes feel like they're being punished, trapped in that material, no room to move, but what can I do? People find it odd when I have loads of layers and big boots but no socks... at least I'm comfy and my toes are happy.

Well, tea is calling and I feel like I've burbled a little tonight but to be honest Alan Carr has distracted me somewhat... so, I'd like to dedicate this to my friend Dave in Florida, I'll send you the pics of the weather if you'd like!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment