Tuesday 20 October 2009

Hospital

So, here I am with my head in my hands, well, not literally otherwise I’d be finding it very difficult to type, but you know what I mean. 

Master Grumpy had his follow up appointment at the hospital today with a Doctor that must be very important because he calls himself Mr. Actually he was a very nice gentleman, quite jovial and very friendly and I quite liked him, until he looked at the x-ray and proclaimed that it was in fact a full break of the scaphoid and Master Grumpy would be getting a plaster for the next 5 weeks. I had the sudden urge for alcohol and it took all of the nurse’s strength to stop me from sucking on the wipes they use for cleaning down surfaces. How am I going to manage? He’s already doing cartwheels (see line 1) thinking he’s going to escape some work at school, and all I can think of is how am I going to keep him occupied for the half term break???

So after yet another McDonalds for him and a quick trip to good old Sainsburys for me, I was really proud of myself for managing to come away with no wine in my trolley.... does the whisky count? I thought I’d just pop in to Next as I hadn’t been for some time, not to make a purchase you understand, just a little light window shopping and touching of things to help ease my stresses. I actually felt the smile spread across my face at the thought of my new salary increase and the fact that soon I would be able to do more than peruse. 

Feeling all better I skipped back to the car, new boots in hand, how did they get there? Just to find Master Grumpy and Master Musical having a good old brotherly fight. When will it all end? Should I dip back in to Sainsburys and buy booze? Maybe more touching and feeling in Next? Oh no, that nice young man didn’t like it last time... no, I guess this is just how it’s going to be for the next 5 weeks.

Roll on Friday = red wine and next month’s pay day = shopping! Anyone have room for a small one?

No comments:

Post a Comment