Saturday 24 October 2009

Autumn

Here it is then, autumn has arrived with a bang, leaves are turning and falling, it’s raining and it’s the weekend when we change the clocks. 

I’ve never really understood the issue with clocks going back or forwards, I just accept it and go about my normal day, as you do. Well, some of us do. Mr Grumpy like to have a good old moan about it, his body clock gets all out of kilter apparently. If you ask me it’s already out, whenever we’re going somewhere and need to be there by a certain time, he always makes us late. In fact it’s got so bad now that when we last went out with the rest of my clan, my youngest brother and sister in law even got there before us! If you know the lovely Mr and Mrs B Jnr, you’ll know how amazing that is.

Back to the clocks, as I said, not an issue for me, apart from Mr Grumpy has to go around and change all of the clocks in the house at about 8pm on the Saturday evening, this can get very confusing when juggling wine, TV remote and the Radio Times... I’ll be fine tonight as he won’t be here, dammit, I hope he doesn’t change them before he goes to work at 5pm! I also have a problem with this whole extra hour we’re supposed to have in bed, is it only me then that still wakes up at exactly the same time as every other day? I can’t make my body go back to sleep if it’s had its allotted amount already

I’ve just read this back and I think I may have to change my opinion, maybe I do have a problem with the clocks going back. Oh well, enjoy your extra hour in bed and if you see me on Facebook at 2am, just remind me what the real time is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment