Friday 9 October 2009

Signs

Well, after a short break away I’m going to try and return, “Return?” I hear you cry, “Have you been away?” I have been away, but only mentally not physically. The thing is, I’ve had a pretty crap sort of week, I won’t go in to details because I’m sure as soon as I do you’ll be queuing up to tell me how your week was much worse.

With my week and misfortunes in mind, I have been thinking about luck, fate and God. We all know that God doesn’t exist, don’t we? So surely that makes the equation easier.... or does it? I like to think that I believe in fate, or maybe luck? I don’t know, I just think it’s going to happen and there’s bugger all we can do about it. I’ve asked for signs before on the off chance that someone may be listening but alas, nothing. Well, apart from the time I pondered to myself, “Why don’t you ever see birds that have died of natural causes?” Know what I mean? You might see the occasional bird that’s been hit by a car or mauled by a cat, but you never see a bird fall from the sky with heart attack or brain haemorrhage. Or so I thought.... not many days after having had this thought, I was in my garden hanging out some washing and as I was about to return indoors a small sparrow hopped around the corner of the house and flopped outside my back door. I cautiously approached, expecting it to fly at any time, but it didn’t. It just sat there, no blood, no broken wings, not even a fractured feather. I offered it water, then bread, either it was a bloody fussy sparrow or it was seriously ill. As I sat thinking of what to do next, guess what happened? It keeled over and died. Would you believe it? After all I’d tried to do for it!!! Of course it wasn’t a sign, well other than a sign of an ungrateful sparrow! 

So after my crappy week of things going wrong, I have decided that none of what’s happened is a sign, well, maybe it is, it’s a sign of ungratefulness, me offering to help, offering to do something better, only to have it thrown back in my face. And hopefully the broken mirror won't result in 7 years bad luck and if it does I have only one thing to say.......  jog on!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment