Wednesday 28 October 2009

Friends Electric

After a hectic few days I have finally found a little spot in my day to write my blog. I know I’ve slipped of late but I’d rather write something that can be enjoyed than some old bo*****s you don’t really care about. Have I got your attention yet?

I feel inclined to write about friends at the moment, especially at a time when I’m trying to wean myself from Facebook. Like many people of my age, we remember when the first sort of site like this was Friends Reunited. I used that site to get back in touch with some of my primary school friends and we still keep in touch now. For quite some time I resisted Facebook, though I did use MySpace to satisfy my musical cravings, I really thought if I logged on to FB it would be the beginning of the end. I wasn’t far wrong. I find myself logging on every morning, and checking periodically throughout the day to check the status of my family and friends. Even though sometimes they’re totally random and quite obviously not true, Tom, that’s you should you be reading this. 

The other thing that I have found quite odd are the friend requests that I get from people that I wouldn’t pee on if they were on fire, let alone let them see my latest family pics or read my deepest thoughts. This actually applies more to family I think at the moment than friends, so it’s unlikely they’ll be reading this, but if they are, I haven’t added you because I don’t like you. Oh and don’t ask my Master Musical either, because he hates you as much as I do!

The other thing I find highly amusing is the number of friends some of my family and friends have. Really, does my sister in law that’s only been walking the earth for as long as I’ve owned these jeans I’m wearing, honestly have 435 friends? Maybe she does, maybe she’s much nicer than me, actually no maybe about it, she is. But as I look at some of my other friend’s friend’s lists, I have a little secret smile to myself, I know they don’t know some of those people. So it is with much pleasure I can honestly say there is only one person on my friends list I’ve never actually met, but we have chatted on many occasions and seem to click with our humour, more than that I won’t say.

I should add while I’m being honest, that I have asked Kevin McCloud to add me, and even though I’ve sent him hundreds of messages and lots of naughty pics, I’m still waiting for a reply.... oh Kevin, please add me!

No comments:

Post a Comment