Monday 26 April 2010

College...

I feel that writing has been a bit difficult lately, no, not broken fingers, just a funny mixed up head. I seem to have lots of thoughts running through my mind and I'm struggling to put them in to any kind of order. Well, I need to get sorted because last Friday I started back at college on the next level of my TA course. For those of you that lived through the last one with me, you'll remember how worried I was every week about writing up reports and stuff. I was in the zone back then and actually ended up producing something that I was really proud of, blimey, not sure what's going to happen this time!

Imagine my surprise then when one of my colleagues, that's been to university, told me of how worried they are about the whole thing, he's on the same course. He's been doing the job for some years now but has never taken any formal qualifications towards his actual job role. I told him that I was sure after having got a degree in English, a little course at college would be a doddle. So then the biggest surprise ever, it's not the written work he's worried about, it's when the course leader comes in to school and observes us working that he's bothered about.  

The scary thing about the job we do is not people from the outside watching us, not even our managers observing us, the scary thing is the kids we deal with on a daily basis. I don't really care too much about what other people think of what I'm doing, what I care about is making sure I'm doing the very best I can for those children that seem to get a rough deal everywhere else.

So bring on the observations and external visits but if anyone would like to write all my course work up for me I'm happy to pay!

No comments:

Post a Comment