Friday 9 April 2010

Old teenager

And so another week ends and thanks to the gift of bank holidays mingled in with half term, I really have lost track of which day of the week it is. I'm trying to make sure that I remember to get up early tomorrow to take Master Grumpy to football training, that's assuming he actually goes to bed and sleeps tonight!

I saw recently that some medical research has proven that teenagers have some hormone that is released at about the age of 14, that means they don't need to go to sleep quite so early and need to sleep longer in the mornings. Now I'm sure there will be some doubting Thomas's out there that will pah and piffle at this research but for once I actually agree. But now I'd like to see some research done in to 40 somethings, we need regular meal breaks, a good smattering of alcohol and always a decent nights sleep, because if we don't get it, we are hell on legs. I'm sure most of you will agree and I'm not just referring to myself, is it too much to ask that I can go to bed at say 10pm and have unbroken sleep until 8am? Well apparently it is, maybe it's the alcohol or maybe it's my age but my bladder has decided that 4am is the time I need to get up. Should we be paying some researchers in Cambridge to prove this fact or is it enough that I do it every morning?

I also read that they're trialling this teenage thing in some school where the kids arrive later and stay later to see if they can get the best out of the kids. So I'm putting my name down for my workplace to say I can snack when I feel hungry, take an afternoon (or morning) nap when necessary and of course if it all gets too much I can have a nice large glass of wine to help ease my worries. Oh yes and all very close to a ladies room.  

No comments:

Post a Comment