Wednesday 7 April 2010

The Party

I'm not sure if this will qualify as a blog but as it's me rambling then I suppose it should.

Tonight, the family and I have attended the 5th birthday party of my eldest niece, Little Miss Bossy Boots. I could have called her anything, gorgeous, adorable, beautiful, lovely, kind, the list goes on, but I actually feel that LMBB is actually the most appropriate. 

In attendance were the usual suspects, Nanny and Grandpapa B, Nanny Hatch, Uncle Mark, Uncle Pilchard and Aunty Elaine, as well as her own parents, brother, sister and my two boys. I do hope that none of the afore mentioned mind me using their real names.... I'll find out soon enough no doubt! Oh and I nearly forgot, Harvey, not sure how I forgot him, he made enough noise all evening!

It was one of those lovely family gatherings where we were all totally relaxed, the wine was flowing, freely, the kids were playing, happily and Harvey was barking, noisily. LMBB had loads of lovely pressies and of course in reflection of the way she has been raised was so appreciative of all she received. Even when she opened some dolls that she already had, her mum suggested that they could take them back and swap them for something different, her reply? "No, it's ok mummy, my little sister can have them when she's big enough" Humbling.

We had the most wonderful, home cooked meal, as always, followed by a bright, pink birthday cake, that'll be all the kids up all night, including Messrs Grumpy, courtesy of Nanny B. I can honestly say that as always I have come away feeling as fat as a pig, thanks folks.

The only thing missing from the evening? Uncle D and Auntie J who sadly couldn't make it due to work commitments and also the fact that they're going through a rather sad time at the moment. So tonight's blog is really just for them, not to say, look what you missed out on, but to hope that they feel they were still a part of the evening and to let them know that I kissed and hugged those little people just for them. We all hope to see you soon, you were missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment