Sunday 13 September 2009

Well today I find myself laughing, and I mean really laughing, channel 5 has decided to show some really funny films even if they're on at the wrong time of year. We have just sat through Home Alone 2 for the millionth time, but still laughed, and I am currently laughing at Sam laughing at Ace Ventura Pet Detective. I'm not sure about Jim Carey, I know he makes me laugh but I'm not sure why. 

I think back to my childhood and the films we watched that amused us. Everything from Carry On to Abbot and Costello, something that my big bro has recently reminded me of. What harmless amusing fun their films were and I always loved the funny noises that Lou Costello would make.... So earlier as we watched Home Alone 2 we decided that it's actually one of those films that would've been an excellent Tom and Jerry episode and they've manged to cross it over into people, extreme falling, burning, pain etc.

Now of course, Tom and Jerry have been dumbed down and Abbot and Costello would be banned for being too violent. I didn't like watching Lou being slapped about but somehow back then we expected it and he always came out ok. I love watching films and thankfully unlike many people I can tell the difference between fiction and reality, so I'm not going to be offended when Jim Carey takes the mickey out of god, I actually would love for Morgan Freeman to be in charge of the world! he might make a better job of it!

So, not quite on the scale of my big brother when it comes to my cinematic viewing but I'm getting there, will still laugh at the silly stuff and cry at the soppy stuff, but will always yearn for a little Laurel and Hardy or maybe the Keystone Cops.

No comments:

Post a Comment