Friday 25 September 2009

Car park crisis

Have you ever had anyone say to you, "it's been one of those days" ??? Well, today was one of those days for me. No walk, no run, just was one of those days.

It started as normal, getting up too early and being a soft mum, driving Master grumpy to school, just to drive home again to then return on an almost identical journey back to my college course. So for those of you that know me, I'm now grumpy and it's only 9.20am. I pull into the car park at the college, park and meander over to the ticket machine. It was being closely studied by 2 men, at which point I wanted to ask, "what are you looking for, a sell by date???" But I reined myself in and was very grateful when 1 of the chaps pointed out the ticket machine was buggered and giving an hour short on whatever you paid for. I decided to leave a note in my car and went off on my course. I was not happy. I know what the parking attendants are like, I was certain I'd have a ticket by 12.30. So when we had a break just before 11am, I dashed down to my car, losing my name badge somewhere along the way, and found that I was still safe. I went to the machine to find another 2 gentleman standing looking for the ever elusive sell by date. I was once again advised not to put any money in but was feeling a little like my luck was about to run out. So, I rang the helpline number on the machine and explained the situation. please join the story Mr Jobsworth. I went into detail about the whole situation, about how all the cars in the car park must be in the same situation but not everyone looks at their ticket and I really didn't want a parking fine. What a lovely young man, very understanding, listened to my story, took down all the details including my car make, model and registration and told me not to worry though I should still purchase a ticket. I followed his instructions and said I felt happier now leaving my car, to which he replied I'd probably still get a parking ticket but now they would be able to contest it as I'd phoned in.

Oh my goodness. Instead of dishing out maybe 60 tickets couldn't they have fixed the machine? Or maybe just let everyone park as they'd bought a ticket and not fine them? No, I guess not, that would be too easy and I'm guessing the local council is run by a man.

So that was all before noon, should we even go into Master Grumpy, the hockey stick and mild concussion? I guess not, I'm sure you can join the dots. And so I just want to finish with

It's been one of those days.

No comments:

Post a Comment