Saturday 12 September 2009

Blog Block

My wanderings today were a little on the boring side, streets and not many people, but it doesn't stop my mind from going off all over the place. I find myself thinking about everything that people talk to me about, analysing their words and looking for potential blogging material. My eldest brother writes an amazing piece every day without fail, I don't want to call it a blog as it doesn't seem to do his work justice. He never fails to amaze me, so clever, extremely witty and sometimes actually moves me to tears, not bad for someone that never got a degree, eh Drew? 

I now have a dilemma, I think I have Blog Block. I have loads of ideas and things I want to write about but somehow the words won't come together. I've got pictures in my head of human pillows, thanks Jill and Elaine, I've got words like they're, there and their floating about and just for good measure a bit of is it god or is it coincidence??? Maybe I need a large glass, got it, a room to myself, got it, for now anyway, and just peace in my life.... mmm, not sure that'll ever happen.

So as I grasp at straws, the lovely potential pilot otherwise known as my eldest son, is cooking my tea for me. Whoever thought this day would come? I get the occasional shout from the kitchen just for reassurance, but he's managed a lovely egg fried rice with prawns and veg with some rather nice spring rolls and dipping sauce. As his elderly Uncle Drew said recently, why bother with flying, why not be a chef? With a family like ours he'd never have an empty table!

Well, my belly is full but not so my glass, and the dishwasher needs loading, so, as I'm a writer in need tonight I think I'll leave well alone and let you find your own entertainment. Sorry I haven't met your requirements but maybe a good night's sleep will help, after all, tomorrow is another day!!!! Oops, at it again!

1 comment:

  1. So I am amazing and elderly and now the whole world knows I didn't get a degree - enough damage caused I think! More wine please Matron.

    ReplyDelete