Friday 11 September 2009

Agony Ali

Today I will be writing without having rambled, though the wine is open and poured so the rambling may still happen!

Somehow I have managed to find myself in the role of Marge Proops, for anyone under the age of 40 you may need to ask an adult who she was. This is nothing new in my life, it appears to have being going on for some years now and as I get older it's gathering speed. I have considered setting up an Agony Ali page on many occasions and still might! Don't get me wrong, I feel honoured that people want to off load all of their woes on to my shoulders and that they trust me with their innermost and naughtiest of secrets, I just hope that any advice I offer is considered carefully before being put into action.

I think that at some point, maybe while I was asleep or when I'd sniffed a bottle or two of something, someone crept into my house and put a flashing light and sign over my head that says "pour your heart out here" The reason I say that is because it's not just friends and family that open their hearts up to me, I actually bumped into my sometimes postman in Sainsburys last year, now, if that had happened when I was 16 I would have thrust myself at him. Back then in the dark ages he played football for Peterborough United and I had the biggest crush ever, mainly on his thighs. Now though, all these years later, he's lost his charm somewhat, especially in the Winter when he has a constant drip hanging from the end of his nose.

I digress.

We stood in the bread aisle and somehow between the bagels and croissants I managed to learn all about how he'd been having an affair with a woman on his round, whose husband had found out, told his employer, forcing him to tell his wife and now he didn't know what to do. Now I know why I never get my mail before 11am....

And so my life goes. 

As well as this I have a very very good friend who is happily married, normal and down to earth but has had her head turned by a man that has given her some nice attention. I think we've all been there at some point and I hope she won't mind me mentioning her, but what can I do to help? Should I give my opinion? Should she be asking? The answer to the second question is most certainly yes she should, that's what friends are for, but is her life and the goings on, just fulfilling my love for voyeurism? Oh what a tangled web we weave.... and so on.

And now to the real dilemma for me, Master Grumpy and the lovely Beth. Another lady has appeared on the scene and is calling herself, Girlfriend. I haven't met her, just seen her from afar, and already I'm not sure I like her. How terrible am I??? But sadly the consequence seems to be that it has affected Beth and Master G's relationship. I want to get involved, I want to tell him that she's no good and he needs to stick with his friends, but from my own experiences in life, I know that this will just push him futher into the wrong arms. I think back to an earlier blog when I was dispatched to my brother's home, my goodness, that local phone box had never been so full!

Well, how do we end this one???? I guess that life isn't easy or straight forward, it also is not an episode of Eastenders or Corrie, so it won't be made alright with a cup of tea. But whatever happens, I'll always be here, waiting for my next story, offering my shoulder and just hope that the friends I turn to don't mind bolstering me.

No comments:

Post a Comment