Wednesday 11 November 2009

Thoughts

Well what a confusing day of mixed emotions. I have had a teacher undermine my authority and baby a student that had done wrong, and another teacher repeat instructions to a student that I had given only 5 minutes previously. Don't get me wrong, I love my job and it'll take more than today to put me off but seriously, at the risk of sounding old, I just want to say to those teachers, "I'm old enough to be your mother, and I probably have a better education and have lived in the REAL world much longer!"

I'm sorry, I know that on today of all days you might expect more of me and think about what is really important like the war and Remembrance Day, but I guess it all comes down to respect. I have asked students of all ages to stand in silence today, to show respect for those that have fought and are still fighting. I have explained how their loss was for our freedom, and that without going through those wars they wouldn't be getting the education they are today.

And so with a short and maybe not so sweet blog I would like to remind everone out there that respect is a two way thing, it doesn't matter how old you are or where you were educated, it's about understanding other people and thinking about their lives, what they may have to live with or what they've lived through. That doesn't always mean war.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment