Saturday 18 December 2010

What a week!

Finally it arrived, the end of term and the start of the madness we call Christmas.
I've had a pretty rough couple of weeks and finally feel like I'm out of the fog of the virus and the real me is back! Sorry about that for those that are affected....
So any normal person would still be in bed this early on a Saturday morning, not on their second cup of tea and about to tuck in to a bacon sandwich, yes, the clue was in the "any normal person".

People think it's easy working in a school and getting all the school holidays off, well let me assure you, it isn't. For a start, my body is so used to waking up at 6am every day, as soon as the holidays arrive you think I'm laying in bed all morning, oh no, I'm up and awake by at least 7am! Then just as my body gets used to the fact that it can sleep a little longer than normal, I'll have to start setting the alarm clock and be back to a 6am start, two weeks of confusion for poor little me.

Then there has been the trauma of the last week in school. I've had to endure endless viewings of Madagascar and the first ninety minutes of films that I may never get to see the end of. How will I cope not knowing what happens to John Cusack in the film 2012? What about the girl that got kidnapped in Taken? Worst of all, did the gorgeous Ewan McGregor escape the evil clutches of Sean Bean in The Island?
Combine all of this with the copious cookies, pringles, doritos and chocolate cake that I've eaten and I'm sure you're sitting there thinking how glad you are that you work where you do and you will no longer envy those of us that are working in education.

All joking aside and as I'm sure those of you that know me are only too aware, I really do love my job and I feel so lucky that I was given the chance to have a go at it. I work with some brilliant students and secretly enjoy spoiling and indulging them with all the little goodies like biccies and crisps, for some of them it's the only time they get any treats. But I guess the best bit of all was yesterday when they all took the time to say thank you and wished me a Merry Christmas, forget Mastercard, that was priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment